Question
Posted by: Liza | 2010/02/09

Stress and moving

My friend and I are moving into a place together, either this weekend if everything works out, or 1 March if we don' t get the property we applied for already. How much stress does moving cause? Because my friend is watching me with eagle eyes and told me that I definitely do not look like my usual happy self. I just can' t seem to summon up much of a smile and when I talk, it' s mostly in monosyllables. I don' t think I' m all that stressed out, but I frequently cannot gauge my own emotions and reactions. If I were depressed, I' d know. CBT has at least shown me when I' m having danger signs for either mania or depression. This time I' m just coasting along. It feels like I have no emotion at all.

Gosh, there are no compulsory stress levels associated with moving - it may be a happy or a terrible experience, depending on specific circumstances, and the personalities involved.
Some of us get quieter when stressed, others get chatty and look brighter. Generalisations don't usually help. Maybe you're just in emergency coping mode, ready to handle whatever turns up, and will deal with it well, and settle down then the fuss is over

3
Posted by: Liza | 2010/02/09

My female platonic friend and I have hashed out absolutely everything about who pays what, what rules will be enforced in the household etc. Most married couples haven' t discussed living together and the pro' s and con' s and what to do with a disagreement etc. The two of us have. I' m quite sure that we' re ready to move in together.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: rick | 2010/02/09

ive moved a few times and its quite an ordeal even when you are organised, but, its not that bad to cause you to act the way you are.

maybe the thought of moving in with your friend is the cause? Maybe you are not convinced that its the best thing for you?

just throwing it out there.

Reply to rick