stress and anxiety

Hallo expert,
How nice, to be able to get free medical advice  -)
Anyway, I would like some " tipps"  according to coping with stress and anxiety. I actually, never saw a professional, I was always hard working " carrer woman" , doing sports, having frieds etc...and never had any mental health issues. But it is so, that lately..being under a lot of stree, I feel anxious, lost ..and even (if i gets really bad) unreal ( I had that 3 times over the last 2 years). And I am worried about that..what if it gets worse. Actually, nobody whould think this about me, because i am quite dominant and self confident in public (and of couse emotional  -).
Just..I have stress at the moment (with my job) and when I am lonly in bed for example, i realy feel anxious and can' t get my mind of it, which is VERY unpleased (and espacially bad before my period). So what do I do then? Could it get worse? And what do I do then? If I count to ten, or watch a film, or breath does not seem to work.. -(
Kind regards,

Expert ImageArchive

Hi there Ann

Stress management is a complex subject and a full discussion on the subject is really out of the scope of this forum.

If your stress level appear to be getting out of control i.e. on your own you can't manage it, I would advise that you consult with a Life Style coach to assist you with putting aspects of your life, that may be precipitating the feelings you are experiencing, into perspective.

Exercise, while not actually managing the stressors, does help to asisst one to feel better by the production of endorphins. Meditations, visualizations, affirmations, socializing, a strong and fulling relationship, humour all help as well.

Hope this help.

oh, and to compleate this...I can' t get rid of the stress at the moment, since I am waiting for important (life changing) results related to my job, which will be delivered in a month or so.