Posted by: Max | 2009-09-03

Hi, married for 9 years. we have lots of stress currently, financial and work, both of us. I am driven wanting more sex at these times but is seems that my wife wants less. is this normal. It sems we are drifting apart.

Stress is often seen as a marriage intimacy killer. It is often the case that people have different responses to stress – some want sex more as a stress reliever and other lose the desire for sex completely during such a time. Furthermore is it also important to look at how men and women generally differ and that might provide you with some useful information to understand one another. You are welcome to visit our website – where you could read a bit about the differences in men and women and the different response cycles. The sex as such is not the big concern – it is the lack of intimacy where you connect that is the main concern. You might find that making time for one another where you can connect without sex – will pave the way for sex. The tug-or-war dilemma often occurs when the intimacy minimizes – the more the one wants it, the less the other one wants it. It is time to stop pulling and trying getting next to one another. Some couple sexual assignments on the website might be useful. Furthermore it might be a good idea to seek professional assistance – couple counseling – to help the two of you to get back on the same boat and enrich your relationship.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful:

Posted by: Christiaan | 2009-09-03

Gheese dude give your wive a break, she' s not a mattress. Women respond other then us men do to stress. Even less sex and more tender loving care would support your marriage more.

Reply to Christiaan
Posted by: max | 2009-09-03

I just need to add - we had sex 3 times a week, and are down to maybe twice a week. I would like to go back to 3 times per week. (both of us is 37years old)

Reply to max