Posted by: Impish_Woman | 2009-05-27

Good day CS,

I' m in the process of an extremely lenghty divorce (dragging for 2 years). As a result, I' m about to lose everything I have as I just can not cope on my own financially.

I am bipolar and am taking my meds regularly.

What concerns me, is that I' m extremely insecure lately and I have this feeling of being unimportant to everyone around me. I met a wonderful man, but I' m DESTROYING him and our relationship with my constant insecurities.

Is this behaviour normal during times of stress?

It's understandable that you feel insecure in these circumstances, and it would be wise for you to see a counsellor, to help you make the best available decisions through this time, and to work out a way of dealing with your insecurities without either troubling the man you like, or ruining this relationship. Just be cautious about the relationship, nomatter how great he is, as on the rebound from a messy divorce, one is usually more vulnerable and doesn't necessarily make the best decisions for oneself.