Question
Posted by: Tikka | 2008/07/08

Stress

A couple of Months back we were involved in a armed robbery at home. Now i get scared very easily. When i get scared i feel nauseous and start to shake. Do i need to see a shrink / go on anti depressants?

I wouldn't immedately think of antidepressants, as this isn't depression as such. This is a not uncommon reaction to trauma, posibly (though this is still early to make such a diagnosis, ) a variety of PTSD, and an anxiety disorder more than depression. CBT counselling and medication, psossibly with drugs otherwise also used to treat Depression, should help. But first see a good local shrink for a thorough assessment, and a discussion of your treatment options.

2
Posted by: Tikka | 2008/07/10

Yes, my husband is just very angry, my three year old boy is seeing a psyc. It has had a very bad affect on my child, but than you

Reply to Tikka
Posted by: T | 2008/07/08

my bipolar friend had an armed robbery at her house. her psyc upped her meds and she is seeing a psycologist.
very sad that these things happen, it does quite a bit of damage. anyone else who was involved in the robbery should also be checked out. my friends 6yr old is going for play therapy

Reply to T