Question
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012/10/18

stresam

I am taking stresam for my anxiety, can it be taken with alcohol

A very sensible question, M !
Not at all a good idea. If alcohol were invented yesterday, it would not be licensed for sale to humans. It only briefly helps reduce anxiety, and causes far more problems which increase anxiety ; it promotes depression ; it disinhibits, so we act more foolishly than we would without it ; it interferes with and reduces the effectiveness of a number of other drugs. COmbined with tranquillizers like Stresam, it adds to their side-effects, such as significantly reducing your ability to drive or even walk safely.
Yes, if one is used to using alcohol as a sort of self-medication, its not usually easy to give up, but its well worthwhile to do so.

7
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/01

Sugar is a bad thing, alcohol should be reduced to a weekly treat (in moderation). I have been taking stress sam for a year now, it took me to long to reduce the booze, whatsmore the morning after a heavy drinking session, I get the blues...

Posted by: Bill Pebble | 2014/05/13

Beleive me when taking Stresam stay of the booze.

Reply to Bill Pebble
Posted by: Ryain | 2013/09/10

I have suffered from anxiety for the past 10 months and have recently gone off all medication with the help of a psychologist. I am definitely getting a lot better and have been avoiding drinking excessively. However, on friday night i went out with a friend I have not seen in some time time and we proceeded to get very drunk, with tequilas etc. Since the next morning up until today, Tuesday, it feels like my anxiety has returned...not nearly as badly as before but worse than before friday night. Does it take time to get back to normal after a heavy drinking session, and if so, how long generally? I have also been struggling to sleep at night and have been heavy some sweats...is this attributable to the alcohol?

Reply to Ryain
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/18

I think you are doing just wonderfully great by trying to avoid alcohol. Surely its not easy quitting in one go, but over time you will overcome this habit permanently. I wish you good luck.

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012/10/18

Thanks Leila. Since taking this meds i am avoiding alcohol, but as you know it is not easy to leave at one go.

Reply to Motlalentwa
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/18

No, alcohol will only worsen your problem. It''l worsen your anxiety and you will lose control of handling matters in your life so best advice is, stay away from alcohol.

Reply to Leila

A very sensible question, M !