Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2010-06-14

Q.

Stresam

I''ve been under enormous pressure lately and i''ve become extremely agitated and irritable. I have mood swings and generally i don''t like feeling this way. I have a 2 and a half year old son and i tend to be moody and agitated with him too. My doctor prescribed me Stresam 50 mg of which I can take up to 3 capsules per day. I''ve only been using 1 a day and I don''t feel any difference. Is it the right medication to be using for my problem?

Expert's Reply

A.

Dear Samantha
Yes one can use Stresam for these symptoms but if you feel that it does not help, you could consider using something like Aropax once daily for a few months (it is an antidepressant also used for severe anxiety). Try taking some supplements: Vit B 6 50 mg, Folic acid, omega 3 oils. It may help to see a psychologist that can teach you some stress relieving techniques you can use to reduce irritation and agitation.

8
user comments

C.

I'm taking stresam and I have a high tolerance for meds and it puts me to sleep in the evenings. But I was prescribed two in morning and two at night. Try to follow doctors instructions it might work better. Just be careful when you have liver problems as it metabolises through liver.

If you take a whole leaflet at once. What can happen to you?

Posted by: lala | 2014-02-27

hi I've been using Stresam, but is not sure if I must continue with it because i've been getting tingling feelings in my whole body. Is it normal? thanks

Reply to lala | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Dona | 2014-12-14

I guess it is I experience the same

My son is writing matric and is taking concerta, 36mg. Can he take stresam with it?

when the doc prescribes up to 3 capsules a day....surely by only taking one you have not really given the medication a fair chance.....??

Posted by: Samantha | 2010-06-15

Dear Dr Bets,
Thank you for your reply. Just another question. I used to be on Cilift after I had my son, should I consider using it again?

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-14

Dear Samantha

Want to comment?