Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2010-06-14

Stresam

I''ve been under enormous pressure lately and i''ve become extremely agitated and irritable. I have mood swings and generally i don''t like feeling this way. I have a 2 and a half year old son and i tend to be moody and agitated with him too. My doctor prescribed me Stresam 50 mg of which I can take up to 3 capsules per day. I''ve only been using 1 a day and I don''t feel any difference. Is it the right medication to be using for my problem?

Dear Samantha
Yes one can use Stresam for these symptoms but if you feel that it does not help, you could consider using something like Aropax once daily for a few months (it is an antidepressant also used for severe anxiety). Try taking some supplements: Vit B 6 50 mg, Folic acid, omega 3 oils. It may help to see a psychologist that can teach you some stress relieving techniques you can use to reduce irritation and agitation.

13
Posted by: Cheryl | 2016-02-14

My husband is currently on leximol 50mg as he was diagnosed as a manic depressive over 8 years ago, last few months ive seen him start get angry and snappy and just plain nasty. Eventually in January he admitted that his meds are helping anymore. He also has sleep apnea but we havent got the machine yet trying to save up for that. Two days ago he went to see our GP and he prescribed Stresam 50ml twice a day until we can get to see a psychologist in March. He says he not sleeping yet I see him sleeping and when he gets up he snappy and angry even after he takes his leximol. I feel im more stressed than he is and I cant do this any more, I have aways been a calm person but now I feel like im going into depression, im worried more our marrage as I feel I dont want to be the strong one any more im tied. Really feel like a writing a book here sorry please help., must we give the tablets more time or should he just stop taking them.

Reply to Cheryl
Posted by: nona | 2016-01-20

Greetings. I was given stresma 50g by my doctor for my panic attack en some magnesium and zinc for my cramps in my bones. But dokter say i can only take it when attack apear. Nw iam concern that once it appear. Of reason i cnt sleep my head feel so deepresed. Can i take it once a day

Reply to nona
Posted by: nona | 2016-01-20

Reply to nona

I have been using stresam, it is working for me, but at about 2 o'clock I feel tention again. Can I move it up to 3times a day?

Posted by: gamer | 2015-10-04

Unlike all of u guys I don't have anxiety but I have such bad time at night since I can't sleep due to a problem with my stomach so is it normal that my gastro prescribed stresam for me??

Reply to gamer

I'm taking stresam and I have a high tolerance for meds and it puts me to sleep in the evenings. But I was prescribed two in morning and two at night. Try to follow doctors instructions it might work better. Just be careful when you have liver problems as it metabolises through liver.

If you take a whole leaflet at once. What can happen to you?

Posted by: lala | 2014-02-27

hi I've been using Stresam, but is not sure if I must continue with it because i've been getting tingling feelings in my whole body. Is it normal? thanks

Reply to lala | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Dona | 2014-12-14

I guess it is I experience the same

My son is writing matric and is taking concerta, 36mg. Can he take stresam with it?

when the doc prescribes up to 3 capsules a day....surely by only taking one you have not really given the medication a fair chance.....??

Posted by: Samantha | 2010-06-15

Dear Dr Bets,
Thank you for your reply. Just another question. I used to be on Cilift after I had my son, should I consider using it again?

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-14

Dear Samantha