Question
Posted by: amanda | 2011/01/18

streptococcus B

i have been treated for candida over and over again but the burning and pain in my vagina just never stops. one GP did a test and found a streptococcus B bacteria in my vagina. The Gynie did not refer to this again. Can this constant pain and burning be because of this and what kind of antibiotic can cure this? I want to fall pregnant again but the pain just make intercouse impossible

Group B streptococcus is a commensal, i.e. one of the bacteria that can live in the vagina and should not cause problems in terms of pain and burning.

1