Question
Posted by: H | 2010/06/29

STRATTERA (18mg) - Venteaze pump

Dear Doc,

My son is 7 turning 8 and on Strattera since September last year. He has a " seasonal cheast"  problem where his cheast closes up. I want to know if it is safe to get him a Venteaze pump that he only has to use once in a blue moon when his cheast closes up?

H

Hallo H
Strattera should not interact with Venteze, but will he be able to use a pump effectively? (one needs a certain level of coordination for it to work properly) Using a cough syrup with a Beta stimulant like Bronkese Co or Bisolvon Linctus may be easier to use at his age?

2
Posted by: H | 2010/07/01

Dear Doc,

He doesnt have a cheast infection, it just closes up like it does for an asthmatic and the pump gives instant relief as I have found for myself. I also get the once a year or so thing where my cheast just closes and I struggle to breath.

Is medication necesseary. I dont want to give him cough syrups if he doesnt have a cheast infection and only gets a asthmatic type tight cheast twice a year or so?

Im sure he will cope with the pump.

Thank you for your reply.

H

Reply to H
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/29

Hallo H