Question
Posted by: kayla | 2008/10/15

strange urinating habit

I have a 1 yr old female GSD who does not squat when urinating. She stands still starts and then walks off urinating all the time. She appears to be fine otherwise. Any ideas or suggestions please.

Dear Kayla

Keep heer on a short lead and reward her after keeping her in one spot while urinating.

3
Posted by: Chill | 2008/10/16

Could she be afraid of getting into trouble for widdling?

How about this for an idea - put her on a lead before you take her out, then make sure she stands still when she widdles, and praise her as you would a puppy that you' re housetraining. Even talk to her encouragingly while she' s busy. Maybe she' ll figure it out!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: kayla | 2008/10/16

We suspect she spent most of her life in kennels. It seems as though she is trying to walk away from it possible urine burns before?? It is messy as the path etc have to be hosed down continuously. We have other bitches to do the demonstrating but she does not catch on.

Reply to kayla
Posted by: Chill | 2008/10/15

I think you should demonstrate to her how she should perform...

Seriously though - never heard of this - is it a problem? Does she mess on herself?

Reply to Chill