Question
Posted by: Pieter | 2011-08-25

Strange taste in mouth

Went for a oral operation 3 weeks ago. They did implants, and wanted to do a sinus lift, but could not go through with it, as I had flu 2 weeks before, and the membrane was weak.

After the operation, about a week later, I noticed that chocolate tasted funny, almost like it was burned. Later as I visited friends and tried a alcohol drink, It tasted real bad, and I had to leave it. Another week later, and it still tastes as bad.

And this has still not gone away. Chocolate does not taste as burned as it did, but still not like it used to.

Any ideas would be very welcome

Pieter

I strongly suggest that you consult your dentist who performed the implantation for an opinion. It is most likely that you have infection of your sinusses or the area that was operated on. This infection can cause a bad taste in the mouth and you might need a course of antibiotics.

1
Posted by: Pieter | 2011-08-25

All other foods and or dairy products taste fine. Only chocolate and my favourite, brandy and coke. Coke alone tastes fine. I have tried a beer as well. And it also did not taste like it should.

Reply to Pieter