Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2009-06-24

Strange symptoms

Doc, my 6y old son has had strange symptoms for the last while. For about two weeks now, he gets a fever around 6pm (about 38 to 38.5) and is tired and has cold shivers, then after about 3-4hours it goes away by itself and in the morning he is his normal self again. After the fevers started, he got a stuffy nose and a wheezy cough. This is still persisting. I am sure they are connected, it just does not seem to fit the normal cold pattern. Do you have any idea what this could be and do you recommend that I see my GP?

Dear Belinda
Yes rather see your doctor - fever peaks like this could be due to diseases like Malaria, TB or an underlying low grade sinusitis, kidney or lung infection.

3
Posted by: anxious | 2009-06-25

Take him to your gp for a check-up - something' s not right here. No doubt you will tell the doc everything - I say this because sometimes people can leave out things they dont consider important enough to mention - I always present everything to my doc (however minor they might seem) and leave it to him to decide!

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Belinda | 2009-06-25

No he was not

Reply to Belinda
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-06-25

Was he in malaria area?

Reply to Zexeon