Question
Posted by: Butsy | 2008/10/17

Strange Stinging patch on behind!

Hi Cyberdoc

I' m female. Weird problem. At any time, sitting or standing but mostly sitting I experience a really sharp " lash"  type of pain on my behind. Right inner cheek to be precise. It is so incredibly sore and seems to happening daily. I was wondering if it could be the start of the boil (can' t feel anything at all) or some kind of nerve? I am super stressed, could it be stress related (this would be classic) or is it something worse? Maybe unimportant but I have a fever blister, headache and feel very tired. Probably unrelated? No other lashing pain anywhere, it truly feels like a really sharp sting or lash.

Thanx
Butsy

Dear Butsy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is impossible that there is nerve impinchment in the lower back and I therefore, recommend that you consult your GP, to have x-rays of your lower back taken.

The fever blister, headaches and tiredness, is stress related.

Kind regards