Posted by: Yolinda | 2009-08-13

Strange sensation in my Feet

Good day

I would like to know whether this is something I should be concerned about...

At night, at rest, I get this strange sensation in my feet. I cannot find the exact description for the sensation. It is not painful, it does not burn. It is more like "movements" underneath my skin, I suppose. I also get this weird feeling that the outer, undersides of my feet are "heavy". Heavy as if additional weight has somehow been added. When lying on my back, my heels start hurting as if I have been lying in that position for too long a time even though it may only have been for 5 minutes. I am on medication for "restless legs", and the medication really helps, but the same medication does not appear to be helping for my feet. I have been on the medication for about 3 months. The sensation in my feet has been there before I started taking the medication.

I hope you can assist.

Kind regards

Expert ImageArchive

Hallo Yolinda
You may have a peripheral neuropathy in your feet - do you have diabetes or a problem with blood circulation in your feet? Taking vit B 12 supplements or rubbing your feet with Sloane's liniment may help .