Question
Posted by: Foxy | 2009-02-02

Strange red rash on penis head

I' m doing this query on behalf of my husband. For the last year or two, he gets a funny rash on the head of his penis, usually a day after intercourse. It doesn' t itch and the rash doesn' t " stand-out"  above the skin. It looks like little red dots. He has a cream that he uses when I get thrush on the odd ocassion and it perhaps affected him, but when he gets a rash from whatever it is, it doesn' t affect me at all.

It doesn' t really bother him and he is way to shy to ask a doctor, but we just find it very strange.

Please advise.

Dear Foxy
It could be thrush - you may have a low grade asymptomatic thrush overgrowth in the vagina ( the presence of some candida yeast is "normal" in the vagina - it just takes over sometimes!). Next time he gets this, both of you should use the cream (Canesten or whatever you choose to use)

1
Posted by: Foxy | 2009-02-03

Tx doc.
Just one more question.. if it is Thrush, then why don' t I get it as well? Even if we have intercourse the next day, I don' t necessarily get it too. I' ve had thrush about 3 times in my whole life. My gynae explained why it happens and what foods I should avoid (which I am doing).

tx

Reply to Foxy