Question
Posted by: Ingrid | 2012-08-13

strange rash

In the past 5-6 years I have broken out some strange skin rashes and it seems to me to happen every time after I have had flu or bronchitis. Is this possible? Each time the rash has looked different and the medication for the flu/bronchitis has been different so I can''t think that it can be the medicine. These rashes are severe and afterwards I have a sort of full body flaking off of my skin! As if I have been badly sunburnt.

Ingrid

It is possible that your skin rash is due to the viral infection. I suggest that you consult a dermatologist when have the rash. There is not much that you can do to prevent this from happening but a dermatologist will be able to make a definate diagnosis.