Posted by: Fran | 2012-04-16

Strange Pregnancy Symptoms

Hi Doc, I am about 5 weeks pregnant and having symptoms that I did not have with my previous pregnancy and I have never heard of before. I feel extreme fatigue, muscel weakness, pins and needles in my thighs and wrists. Mild headaches and feeling of having a fuzzy and sometimes blurry vision. Dizziness and bright light seem to affect me. I also abdominal pain, but it feels more like a stitch one would get after running and jogging. My lips and skin are dry and rather than being moody, I feel de-motivated and some times depressed. I know some of these symptoms are normal but should I be worried?

I suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests, to exclude anemia, vitamin B deficiency, diabetes and thyroid disease. Your doctor will also have to evaluate your kidneys. The pins and needles in your wrists can be due to carpal tunnel syndrome, secondary to water retention.