Question
Posted by: Kimo | 2008/06/05

Strange periods post birth

I has a baby in June last year & breasfed exclusively for 8 1/2 months.
I had my first post birth period in January and the second one only towards the end of March.Since the 21 March I have had 4 full blown periods of 8 days each and one week where I was spotting- dark brown blood.That is over 5 weeks in in just over 2 months.I went to my gynie in Feb for a post birth check up & to have a pap smear & he said I was in perfect health.BUT this was prior to all these periods. Is this normal, is it just my body going back to a regular cycle or is it something to be concerned about?

It is most likely your body readjusting after stopping the breastfeeding.