Question
Posted by: Lola | 2009-07-21

Strange period

Hi there, I have had a very odd period this month. Usually the first 2 days are a brown type of blood and then the next two are bright red and then it stops but this month I had a very light period with only the brown type of discharge. Then 2 weeks later the bright red started for 3 days and now nothing. I am on Minerva and have been for years. I am also 21 and while it was my ' first'  period I felt nauseous in the evenings. Please could you explain.

Kind Regards

Periods do vary and this does not sound abnormal. Nausea can be part of premenstrual syndrome.