Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2011/03/31

Strange pain from chest area

Good day

Each and every month, just before my monthly period, sometimes even inbetween i have these painful chest sensations travelling up to the throat area. I sit at a desk and it is sometimes alleviated by standing. It is unlike any other pain i have experienced, throbbing also occurs, at first it feels like anxiety and heartburn. What helps sometimes are antacids and pain medication. The doctor i went to said it is Tietzies disease, i am not sure about that as what i have read the pain is everyday and more severe than the episodes i have had. Just a little history, i am insulin resistant, on metformin and statins as well as anti depressants. Thanks,

Hallo Lynne
It sounds more to me like an esophagus spasm you are getting. I think it may be a good idea to see a gastroenterologist as an examination of the esophagus and stomach to exclude an ulcer, hiatus hernia or reflux may be needed. See http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/esophageal-spasms/DS00763
Taking an ant-anxiety medication as needed may be useful.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/31

Hallo Lynne