Posted by: Shoegal | 2009-01-06

Strange menstruation pattern

For the last two months I have had the strangest menstrual cycle. During my period I bleed heavily for 4 days. For the rest of the month I bleed very lightly. Not enough for a tampon but just a pantyliner. I am really worried about this.

At my last gynae visit, my doctor had blood tests done and I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. I am currently on Glucophage for this condition. I have been using the pill Yasmin for about 5 years now as I have hypertension and it seems to be the safest pill for me.

Please help!

It could all be due to PCOS which you presumably have, but iti s not normal to bleed like this on the Pill. See your doctor again.

During my period i bleed for the first two days.Then it stops for atleast a day sometimes two, then it starts again, but it' s small amount' s. It' s been like that for over a year.Is there something wrong with me?