Question
Posted by: adie | 2011-01-21

strange itch

I have an itch that comes and goes from my right breast to shoulder blade. It seems to depend on the position of my back but I can''t pin it down exactly. I have seen a dermatologist and I have had a mammogram and breast scan. Both found nothing. Creams have no effect on the itch. Sometimes it will either be at the back or the breast and then when I scratch that part the itch spreads to the other part. Occasionally I get a dull deep ache in the same area as the itch at the back and the side,( not on the breast), but not often. This is driving me crazy. What can I do to stop it? What is causing it?

Adie

It think the dermatologist would have picked up a reason for the itch if it was something serious. I am not sure what the cause is and I therefore, suggest that you consult a neurologist, as it is possible that a form of nerve impinchment in your back is causing the irritation that is interpreted as an itch or dull pain.