Posted by: Shells | 2009-02-13

strange headaches

This is so wierd Im not sure how to explain it!

For the past week I have been suffering with a terrible headache that comes on very suddenly - its a sharp brutal stabbing pain always on the left side of my head - its so bad that my whole body freezes and I have to stop what I am doing and want to cry out. My fiance says my face also twitches during this

It is brief, lasting about 10 seconds then it stops and shortly after the headache comes back but now its a dull throbbing and I feel the sharp pain in my ear canal.

I find that if I pull on my earlobe the pain goes away in my ear but the headache is still there and nothing I take makes it go away. Usually I go and lie down afterwards and then when I wake up its gone.

Can you tell me what this is? I'  ve never suffered with headache like this before

I am 27, female, in relativley good health, and I work out 6 times per week (I dont swim so I dont think its an ear infection from that!)

Dear Shells

Thank you for visiting

It sounds like a migraine and I suggest that you consult a neurologist as soon as possible.