Posted by: Doreen | 2008-12-12

Strange feeling

Doc, Im 52 and went to the gym 2 days ago. Later on I felt very dizzy, my left arm and leg tingled and I felt as if I wanted to burst out of my head. It felt as if I lost feeling also on my head and face. For the first time in my life I got panic attacks and had to calm my self down. I got a strange knob feeling like pain between my neck and breast - re halfway down, which was painful. I took sleeping pills , but stopped after 20 days, could this be as a result of that? Or a more severe nerve ending problem? Thanks so much!

Dear Doreen

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult your GP, in order to have a stress ECG and 24 hour ambulentory blood pressure monitor, to eliminate a cardio-vascular reason for the episode.

I do not think that the sleeping tablets caused your symptoms and it is therefore, important to rule out any cardio-vascular pathology.

Kind regards