Posted by: Patricia | 2008-11-04

Strange feeling

Sometimes I feel something strange. I always thought it' s too much blood in my chest or stomach and today it happened right after a meal. I had just finished and was calm, but I had that feeling and touched my neck and I felt my heart beating way too fast or just my blood running too fast. I don' t know how to explain it, I don' t know if it' s blood preassure or anything to do with my heart. All I know is I get nausea and need to put ice on my neck/ chest to feel better. I also get this feeling every time I' m standing and my baby is sleeping on my chest with her head on my shoulder. I don' t feel this right away, but after a few minutes the feeling comes and gets very intense and I have to breathe deep and it makes me feel a little better. I am skinny, so I wonder if her weight causes my heart to feel too tight in my chest or if the blood stops running properly and is accumulated in my stomach.
I might have heart murmur, although a general practitioner noticed that and I' ve never seen a cardiologist to have it diagnosed.

Dear Patricia
I think you should ask your GP to do an ECG ( even a 24 h holter ECG may be needed), you may be getting episodes of irregular heart beats - this can cause a drop in your blood pressure and a feeling as if you are gong to faint.