Question
Posted by: debs | 2008-12-02

strange episode

I have had these funny turns on and off for as long as I can remember. Some times it goes away for months and then reappears and happens a lot. I cant really explain it other than its a ' funny turn'  or funny episode. I feel so sick/dizzy/nauseous like I need to lie down or else I will vomit, at the same time as having a strong feeling of deja-vu or something is familiar or happened before. Things seem to look different around me too. Its a horrible feeling. I really struggle to explain it to anyone.
It tends to last a few minutes before passing as quicly as it arrives. I dont know whether it is related to times when I am very tired, or stressed. There seems to be no pattern.
I have been getting them every day for the last week now, but previous to this it was months since it happened. I am 30 year old female. Am I going crazy?

Dear Debs
This could be a middle ear problem or a kind of epilepsy (temporal epilepsy) you are getting. Ask your doctor to refer you to a neurologist for an examination and EEG/scan to see if they can find the cause and give you treatment to prevent this from recurring?

1
Posted by: Kay | 2008-12-02

I see " movement"  or people who aren' t really there the last couple of days. But not in a weird ghostly-manner, no. It is like I think someone is standing there and if I look up, there is no-one. Or i would see the cupboard in the corner of my eye and imagine it' s someone standing there. I know it is because of lack of sleep. Your mind is over-active or extremely tired.

Reply to Kay