Posted by: Amanda | 2009-03-31

Strange Dreams

Dear CS I recently got married to the Love of my life, we' ve been seeing each other for 7 years before we got married. We have our issues but things are great. The problem is I only ever had one other relationship before my husband ( it happened 2 years before we met),it was very brief in high school, i had deep feelings for this guy, he changed schools and we drifted apart but i dream about him all the time (atleast twice a week)I haven' t seen him in years. I cant understand and the dreams have become more frequent since I got married. The dreams are always of stuff we did together. I wake up after the dream in completed shock. We never even had any physical contact we were such good friends. Whats wrong with me?

Keep reminding yourself (a) that you are married "to the love of my life" so this other guy has no remaining place in your life. and
(b) that was then and this is now ---, mit is highly unlikely that he is now anything like what he was then --- you are allowing yourself to dream about a guy who doesn't exist any more.