Posted by: shy girl... | 2009-03-13

Strange discharge...sometimes smelly...

Hi, im 22 and sexually active. I' m not on any pills. I get my period every month for 7 full days,very heavy bleeding for the first 3 days..however usually around a week or 2 after, i start again(Well, it likes a ' blood' ....dark, smelly discharge... Recently however, i noticed that even normal discharge is abit smelly, thickish and even my fiance has noticed during foreplay (so incredibly embarrasing), the ' cum'  dries up and turns whitish. Maybe it nomal and we just didnt notice but this has happened twice already and im not sure anymore...Coz I have been getting severe cramps - abdomonial and pelvic, the bloated tummy, frequent gas, this all doesnt sound normal- this is affecting my sex and personal life...I feel paralysed with these symptoms!!!! I do have a bowel problem, i go out maybe sometimes once or twice a week! Been to a doc, told me to eat more fibre, done that!!! From Low GI bread, to Activia, to you name it, Senokot even aggravates my cramps so much, i couldnt take it! I know something is wrong.... going to visit a GP today...just kinda embarrased to speak to him about all this...

PS. I use shower gel instead of soap...heard that it may aggravate??? just tawt i would let you know... :-)

Please give me some kinda indication, afraid of the possibility of a cyst or something worse!!!

The smelly discharge suggests an infection. The cramps may be related to this or to the bowel problem. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.