Question
Posted by: Kobus - centurion | 2009/05/06

Strange BP readings

Saw the GP yesterday for upper Resp tract infection, he had a strange reaction to my BP measured on both arms - outcome = 110 / 90 - he is unsure why the difference is so small.
I use Cozaar Comp 1 daily.

Hallo Kobus
The difference between the systolic (upper) and diastolic (bottom) value of the blood pressure is called the pulse pressure. A low pulse pressure can be an indication of blood loss, heart failure, or a very rapid heart beat. It is sometimes caused by an error in the baumanometer they use to do blood pressure with. Maybe you should just have it double checked with another machine ( like at the pharmacy?)