Question
Posted by: private benjamin | 2010/07/16

strange behaviour

We had 2 dogs, a sausage dog and a boston terrier. We went away on holiday for 3 weeks and left the dogs with my daughter in our own house. They very close to my daughter. They had to put the boston terrier out due to a illness. Since we came back the sausage is "  naughty" , he made his mark on my bed, soils in the house again and cries and barkes a lot. We know he is lonely with my daugter at school and we at work. What must we do do get him to his own self again. We are planning on getting a baby Staffie soon. My daughter also spoiled him a lot being so sorry for him. All of a sudden he just want to sit on your lap and been treated as a baby.

Hi Private

I think that he maybe missing the company of the other dog especially if he is playing up. Maybe it might be an idea to adopt an older dog from one of the welfare organisations rather than a pup as this may result in training problems. Best idea is to talk to a trainer/behaviourist and see what they suggest.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/17

Hi Private

Reply to CyberVet