Question
Posted by: worried mom | 2010/02/10

Strange behaviour

My soon to be one-and half baby girl likes to kick, pinch and stratch people. She does that even to people in malls, she would just grab people. Last week i went to the clinic and there was a 3 year old boy she was playing with and all of a sudden she started stratching the child on the face and he began to cry. When she pinches me i tell her to stop it and pinch her as well so that she can feel how painfull it is and she seems not to be doing it more often now. Is she seeking attention? what could be the cause?

I suppose she might be seeking attention, spcially if she is not getting as much as she'd like - or if she gets plenty usually, but at some times such as when a the mall, she gets less, and mises it. Attention seeking people including kids, tend to do whatever they have found most reliably gets your attention.
But his if excessive is unusual behaviour, and if it persists, it might be wise to take her to see a child shrink

1