Question
Posted by: maradon | 2009/11/09

strange

my 5th vertebrae from the nape of my neck became sensitive to a stage where it now feels like a bad painful bruise.There was no injury or accurance that could have caused it.My left foot and ankle started aching as if been sprained the past two days which increases when I am barefoot.I have worn only flat &  low heeled shoes for several years because of the nature of my work and as I did not want to torture my feet in high heels anymore.

Dear Maradon
Please go for an x/ray of the vertebrae - you may have infection or a tumour in the bone. The pain in the left foot could be due to gout or inflammation in the joint.

4
Posted by: maradon | 2009/11/13

my 19 year daughter has excessive deep wide stretch marks on her thighs and buttocks.she is very tall but small bone structure and her weight has always been stable. she has anxiety disorder and has been told to be a border marfan syndrome case,is there such a thing as a border case?surely you are or not.

Reply to maradon
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2009/11/11

Hi Maradon
A tumour is an abnormal growth of tissue in a bone, and some diseases like TB and osteomyelitis can also affect the inside (soft part) of the vertebra. Treatment would depend on the cause, so a xray will be the first step to take.

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: maradon | 2009/11/10

what does a tumour in the bone mean ,is it as painful as now and is it treatable and with what procedure?Sorry,it' s a lot I know but realiable advice around here is few and far between.

Reply to maradon
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/10

Dear Maradon

Reply to cyberdoc