Question
Posted by: Da Sista | 2008/06/10

Stork Tea

Have I lost touch with how things are done?

My sister is pregnant, I wanted to hold the baby shower but her BEST friend would host it, so I left it. Now it's being held at short notice so half the family cannot make it.

Then this BEST friend promised her a cot and a pram etc so I gave the one's I had to another friend of mine....and now I see it's on the list as things she needs?

see my sister is handing out her own invitations and every query you have with the BEST friend is answered with "phone your sister and ask her" - when I say that her list is wrong as my sister has this and that etc she says "oh it might be a bit outdated as I've not time to keep it up to date" .....

So i sent her an email with a piece of my mind....bitch!

Surely stork tea's are still supose to be a surprise? And since when do you list the makes of things ? What happened to good old fisan paste ? Why must it be a certain make?

Sorry, CS, I know this is not shrink related, but Im so p'd off.

This should be a special day!

I'm a great believer in good old-fashioned Fissan paste !
Da Shrinka

1
Posted by: Mel | 2008/06/10

There are always issues with these stork parties etc. Why dont you calmly send the "best friend" and e-mail telling her that you will now be hosting the party. Actually as her sister you should be doing it. If she comes back with some snotty response then just tell her that as her sister you would like to take over and leave it at that. yes these parties are supposed to be surprises. She obviously sounds as if she really putting any effort into it. Take a stand girl - ITS UR SISTER AFTERALL!!! good luck and hope the day is great.

Reply to Mel