Question
Posted by: Annon | 2011/10/11

Stopping the pill

i stopped the pill in August and got my period 5 weeks later on 27 August. it lasted a week and on 10 October i got red/brown discharge and slight bleeding. is this a normal symptom of stopping yasmin? in the beginning of July, my pharmacist advised that i take escapelle after missing one pill and finding out several days later but that should have been out of my system by now. could that be the cause?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi A

Your periods may be irregular when you first come off the pill, and you should allow up to six months for your natural cycle to re-establish itself fully. It's quite common to have a longer delay before normal periods start again after stopping the pill.
Regarding the Escapelle - It is very unlikely to be the cause.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/10/12

Hi A

Reply to pharmacist