Question
Posted by: Summer | 2009-02-19

Stopping the pill

Hello,
I am thinking about going off the pill. I am on Yasmin. I have been on it since I was 19 and am now 24, non-stop. Please could you give me some information about what the side effects of stopping the pill are. Also, when is the best time to stop it? After my next period?
Thanks for your time

You should stop at the end of the packet. You may find that your periods are heavier and more painful and there may be hormonal changes like breast tenderness.

1
Posted by: Buhle | 2009-02-19

I stopped it right after my periods and nothing bad has happened yet only the headache but not really bad, i was on Thriphasil by the way.

Reply to Buhle