Question
Posted by: vuyo | 2011/05/12

stopping diabetis

can one stop being daibetic

Dear Vuyo
If you have already developed type 1 or type 2 diabetes, then it is not possible to undo the situation. However, patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes can learn to control their condition very well by eating the correct diet, doing regular exercise, using their medications properly and losing weight if they are overweight. In some cases, type 2 diabetics who have lost weight and are exercising every day and eating a low-fat, low-glycaemic index (GI) diet, can dramatically reduce the use of their medications. Type 1 diabetics may also find that they need to use less insulin if they follow the dietary and exercise recommendations. So anyone with diabetes needs to get to know what they can do to take control of their situation.
If you require additional information about diabetes please read the DietDoc Topic I intend publishing next week to address some of the questions I receive about this disease.

1

Dear Vuyo