Question
Posted by: Ringo | 2010/06/15

Stopping cipralex

I have been on 10mg for the past year now. I want to stop the medication. How do I do this? My gp who prescribed them to me didn''t even know the side effects when I started taking them. and I had to tell her about the drug. I am sceptical to go back to this gp. The meds have helped a lot, but I am well now amd want to get off them.

Please advise.

ts sounds very unwise for any GP to prescribe ANY drug without knowing and understanding the side-effects and precautions. Its best to see a psychiatrist for such a consultation, to get properly expert assessment, diagnosis and treatment advice. And wouldn't it be wise to get a new GP, who knows better the drugs he prescribes ?

3
Posted by: Ringo | 2010/06/18

Hi Barney. When I started it I was very tired and drowsy. I was in touch with the cipralex support site and was advised to change the time I took meds from morning to night. But I eventually got used to the meds and side effects wore off. I also ate far more and put on weight. This is also a very common side effect. Lots of people complain of increased weight gain.

Reply to Ringo
Posted by: barney | 2010/06/17

I have been on this meds for two years,.I am not aware of the side effects.Can you advise/
Prescriped, by my psychiatrist

Reply to barney