Question
Posted by: SSh | 2008/08/13

Stopped Wellbutrin and now weight gain

I stoppped Wellbutrin in March, an since then have ganed about 7kg! I eat pretty much the same as I did when i was on the tabs but i feel like im never going to stop picking up weight. I eat very healthily, i love fruit and veggies and low fat dairy products, not much of a meat eater and not much of a chocolate lover either so i cant undersand why iv gained so much!! Wellbutrin is the only AD that worked well for me with no weight efffects or anything like that, is this normal for Wellbutrin?

Has your level or type of exercise changed in this time ? Sometimes, if one has lost weight during a depression, because of the depression, one would gregain weight as the depression lifts, but I have not come across weight gain AFTER stopping the meds as a regular side-effect of wellbutrin