Posted by: Olivia | 2009-07-09

Stopped Triphasil no period for months now on Trisequens

I am now 23 and was on Triphasil for about 8 years, then in Feb 09 I stopped taking the pill and then didnt have a period for 4 months, I went to see my Gyne who took blood tests and all my hormone levels were fine. He put me on Trisequens to initiate a period and last month I had a very light period. I have told him that I would like to start trying for a child. He has now started me on another course of Trisequens and then said after 1 or 2 courses I would start fertility drugs and he wants my husband to go for a spermeogram???? We do want to fall pregnant, but have not been " trying"  as yet, I only went to the doctor because I had not had a period. I now want to start trying and would like to find out if I should rather not take the Trisequens and just wait for a normal period to arrive. I have started the second course yesterday so if I should rather stop I will not take it from today onwards. To complicate matters, last year I was diagnosed with diabetes and about 3 weeks ago I went onto insulin, but I am able to control my sugar levels so that should not affect conception. Please Help!!!

I would suggest that you do what your doctor has suggested and take the Trisequens for a month or two more.

I have stoped triphasils about three months ago and have not seen my periods . I have no pregnancy symptoms. I'm bloated . I want to see my period n then try the niltrate injection. I am not using protection with my husband. how long does it normally take for period to come again.

Posted by: Joanne | 2009-08-11

I was on triphasil for 4 years and stopped taking them for about 5 months. I want to start taking them again now. I got my period 2 weeks ago. Can I start taking them immediately from the red ones?? Or do I have to wait to start them on the 1st day of my period. Would prefer to take them now though.

Please help!!!

Thanks, Joanne

Reply to Joanne
Posted by: Maya Boshoff | 2009-07-27

Dear Docter, this question is on behalf of my mother in law. She is in her menopause and has been prescribed Trisequenc. She went to our local docter and he said that she should stop the Trisequenc immediately because according to him all menopause medication is TOXIC... ??!! She now feels bad symptoms after stopping the medication. She basically wants to know if she should rather take it or not and what are the positive and the negative - she is 60 years old.
Thank you for you assistence.

Reply to Maya Boshoff

There is a drug called Clomid that stimulates your ovary to produce an egg. Your Gynae can prescribe it and then does a sonar to tell you it has worked and when you are most fertile. I went on one course and fell pregnant despite not having regular periods etc. If all is in order this will work for you without the need for spermeograms. You might want to try another gynae as yours seems to be on a complex mission! Goodluck