Question
Posted by: sandra | 2008-11-03

stopped smoking - now what???

Hi Doc,
i have recently stopped smoking, although i am very aware of what i eat at the moment i am petrified of picking up any more weight due to the fact that i have quit the ciggies. Any ideas of what i should be eating while I am still " craving" ? Surely if I watch what i eat I should be okay. Readers also welcome to reply if you have had any success with not picking up weight after quitting the smoking. thanks very much.

Dear Sandra
Well done, the fact that you have stopped smoking will do your health a power of good. I wrote an article on this important subject recently, so click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and do a Search for 'Stopping smoking' to read what can be done to prevent and counteract weight gain when stopping smoking.
Keep up the good work