Question
Posted by: DOL | 2008-11-05

stopped smoking

Hi I am a sosial smoker about 10 sigarettes a weekend but I want to stop in total how long will it take for the nicotine and junk to get out of my system?

Dear Dol
If I may give you some tips:
Try cutting down to 5 sigarettes max a day, if you can manage this, stop smoking totally! Then drink lots of water for the next week to flush your system, avoid coffee, chocolates, tea and alcohol for a week ( it makes you crave sigarettes) try to get some exercise every day (walking x 30 min is fine) If you can hang in there for a week without smoking, most of the nicotine should be out of your system.
If you only smoke on weekends this should not be too difficult to do.
Good luck - good decision!