Question
Posted by: Nthabiseng | 2011/07/22

Stopped periods

Dear Doctor

I was on nurestirate until December last year (2010) afterwhich I had excessive bleeding. The doctor prescribed me Primolut n for three months. The bleeding has since stopped but so are my periods. I have not had my periods for the last 4 months. Could it be that I on menoupause or should I be worried. I am 46 years. I do not have any of those menoupausal symptoms. I still feel like my old self other than not having my periods.

Thanks a lot doctor.

It could certainly be menopause. You can have blood tests to check this.

1