Question
Posted by: Charmaine Jansen | 2011/05/25

stop using venlor xr

I was diagnosed with severe depression but after a year I have stopped using the medicine without the doctor''s permission. Now a few months later I had an incident and depressed lost interest in my sport etc. must I go back to the pschiacrist -sorry about spelling

Its not so much that one needs permission, but expert advice from the shrink, as to whether the depression has lifted sufficiently for it to be wise to come off the meds without an undue risk of it returning. I don't know what sort of "incident" you experienced, but this is why I always recommend psychological counselling / therapy ( such as CBT ) as well as meds, in properly managing depression. From what you say, it would be wise to see the psychiatrist again for a re-assessment and a discussion of your treatment options.

1