Question
Posted by: Glen | 2012-11-05

STOP SMOKING

What is the easiest, least traumatic way to stop???

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Tricky question! There isn't really a known "easiest" way because each successful ex-smoker has a different story of how they stopped. But research on stopping smoking shows that using more than one smoking cessation tool e.g. medication and counselling, tend to have better results than just one. So it's definitely recommended to try the different tools/methods available instead of just willpower, although some people have stopped on willpower alone.

3
Posted by: DB | 2013-05-27

I agree, make up your mind, set a date and just stop. Get rid of what you have left. Don't think, let me just finish these last one's. Just stop smoking. Cutting down, will not work... I smoked the morning, and made up my mind. Got rid of everything and it's one year and 10 months later.... Best thing I have ever done!!! Also tried almost everything before that. Cold turkey is the way to go

Reply to DB
Posted by: gb | 2013-03-17

I am attempting to give up right now by cutting down from +20/day to 5, but am convinced the only way is cold turkey. All my friends and aquaintances who have successfully quit did it that way

Reply to gb | 1 comment (hide)

Your body has no need for cigarettes. Not 1 of the 4000 odd chemicals in them is neccesary. Cold turkey or nothing.