Posted by: Enock | 2011-09-19

Stop smoking

I have recently start to gym,however I have a problem with giving up smoking.Is there any medication that can help,reason beig,I work in a very stressfull enviroment,and live alone,so when I get bored,I smoke to much.Please help.

Consult your doctor for a script for Zyban or visit your pharmacist for alternative products, like nicotine containing gums.

Posted by: Ann | 2011-09-21

Personally, I would look into getting yourself an electronic cigarette, there are lots on the market but you should consider going to easycigarette web address and get one from them, they sell a really good one for about R500.

I smoked since the age of 12 and have asthma, and for about 10 years I was already on 2 to 2½  boxes of hard cheap cigarettes a day and then went onto more expensive cigarettes and then onto cigars so you can imagine how much punishment my lungs took through those years. I battled to breath, woke up with so much muck in my throat it took me half an hour every morning just to come right in my breathing pattern etc. I went through 1-2 asthma pumps a month.

2 years ago, i bought cheap electronic cigarettes and eventually found a good one and for the first week or so it was a little tough not so bad though and in the 2 years of not smoking I have more energy, don''t need my asthma pump ever, I don''t even know where the thing is. My taste and smell has returned and life is just so much lighter without all the toxins and chemicals I was pumping into my system.

I tried the nicotine patches, gum and also went on Zyban. I did however find that I eventually stopped with the help of an electronic cigarette and the menthol liquid and have never looked back since then.

Do yourself a favour and investigate that route aswell.

Good Luck!

Reply to Ann