Question
Posted by: TJ | 2009-02-17

stop counting calories

hey!

ok im 15 and i have been counting calories for over 2 years.. and it has become somthing that controls my life!! i know the calories in pretty much everything, i have tryed not using table scales and things, but i have used them for sooo long that i can pretty much guess how many calories it is! and its almost like i can count calories with out even really thinking about it. please help! do you have any idea' s i can try?
thankyou!!

The problem is not, as it might seem to some people, about calories, but about obsessively counting them and letting this take control over a life you should be enjoying more freelly. This is a form of eating disorder and can become increasingly disabling, but would respond well to treatment, especially by good Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ). Seeing a good local shrink for assessment and a discussion of treatment options, would be adviseable.

2
Posted by: Me | 2009-02-18

Mmmmm

You dont know what you are talking about.

TJ

I had the same problem and I know how it can take over your life. It is as if you cannot think about anything else. Please go and see someone. Ask your parents to help you. I started doing it at around your age and only got help in my late 20s. You need help as soon as possible.

Good luck.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009-02-18

Is it really that bad? You know how many calories you are consuming, and probably know how many you SHOULD be consuming as well.
You have more freedom than anyone else in food choices.

Do you count them without needing to?

Reply to Mmmmmm