Posted by: oi | 2009-08-31

stop analysing

When I go on a date with a guy I like and he doesnt call me the next day or so, I get so obsessed, that I analyse the whole situation until I feel sick. I cant eat and feel nauseous. How do I just chill and let things flow naturally? I am tired of being disappointed and heart broken. Please help.

A good example, isn't it, of not only over-analyzing, but fruitless and pointless analyzing ? IOt never provides you with relief or iseful insights, so its merely a form of obsessing, like spinning your wheels in the mud instead of driving forwards. It sounds as though you allow yourtself to form hugely inflated expectations from a first date. A most, expect to decide whether the guy is tolerable or not. A first date is NOT about Love and heart-break. It's very possible that the guys sense your becoming over-wrought and intense and needy, and this scars them off. Expect them NOT to call, so any further calls become a bonus, not a loss of oxygen