Question
Posted by: Jacob | 2009/07/15

stools with blood

good day

i have a problem for the past 3 weeks or so, everytime i go to the bathroom, my stools comes out with blood. and the volume of the blood increases every week. i dont have pains, and my health condition has not changed in anyway.

is it something i have to worry about or what can cause it.

please help

Dear Jacob
Yes I think there is reason for concern - blood in the stool, especially if it is more than just a spot when you wipe, could be a sign of infection or inflammation in the colon or even of cancer. Your doctor should do an examination to exclude dangerous causes and to determine the origin of the blood.