Question
Posted by: Mary | 2012/03/15

Stools that float

I have had stools that float in the loo for years. Everytime I go to my GP I always ask her about it and she says that I have nothing to worry about. I am however worried as I feel this is not normal ans shouldn''t be as most stool, as far as I know, is suppose to sink. Also my stool is often small pellets instead of long, thick lengths.

Is there something lacking in my diet, or is there too much of something? What should I do or eat? Is it a sign of another condition that I should be taking heed of?

On afurther note, I have recently experience haemorhoids, however as of yet have not gone to the doctore. I''m starting to think that everything is all interrelated.

PLEASE PLEASE furnish me with as much detail as possible as I''m deeply concerned about my health.

Dear Mary
Generally speaking floating stools are an indication that you are eating a lot of so-called insoluble dietary fibre which is an excellent habit to ensure regularity. The size of stools you pass is not important unless the stools are very hard and cause pain when you pass them. To combat such a condition, please click on 'Diet & Nutrition', 'You are what you eat' and 'Healthy colon' to read how to increase your dietary fibre intake and use probiotics to achieve regularity.
Haemorrhoids or piles are either caused by excessive straining to pass stools or exactly the opposite namely excessive diarrhoea. It is important that you ask your medica dr to examine your piles to see if any of them have burst or are bleeding a lot. The doctor will prescribe the correct treatment which can vary from an anal cream to a haemorrhoidectomy.

2
Posted by: Geeze | 2012/03/16

What''s with the stool talks these days - c''mon now.

Reply to Geeze

Dear Mary