Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/08

STOOLS

Doc Kruger

I am now taking Fybogel 2x a day (my gp suggested it after I finished my Movicol). My stomach is working better (how many Movicol/Fybogel do I have to take?!) but I now seem to have incomplete passing of my stools - I used a glycerine supp just now (15:00) as I thought this might help (trust me I am far from becoming an obsessive user of laxatives!) - I am wondering if my haemmorhoids problem I have been having is what might be causing this (it seemed to flare up late last week - my bum was so sore when I came back from my Walk for Life class Thurs - I used Proctosedyl ointment which my surgeon gave me when he diagnosed my haemmorhoids problem a few years ago - I find it works immediately for the pain) - maybe its been swollen? I dont remember whether I have internal/external haemmorhoids (I think it was internal) but at the moment I would say external?!

Should I carry on using my Proctosedyl at the moment also? I only used it Thurs night - its been sort of ok since then.

Thanks for the help. You both do a brilliant job here.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Movicol/Fybogel has to be taken 3 times daily before meals.

I really suggest that you consult your surgeon again, as it is possible that the haemmorhoids are causing you to feel that you have not passed your stools completely and it is therefore, necessary that he re-assess your condition.

You can however, continue using Proctosedyl until you are able to get an appointment.

Kind regards